A class is three vessels or more of the same class. The intended classes for 2022 are as follows:
- SUP (will begin the race 24 hours ahead of C2/K2 teams)
We will not accept individual paddlers in any vessel type for this race – it is far too dangerous to paddle alone. Don’t ask us – we will not change our minds no matter how much experience you have.
The nature of this race makes it truly expeditionary and extreme, therefore we look for people with a general outdoors background and not purely those who have mastered their vessel class. This race is in every way about your individual outdoor confidence and ability to survive and self-rescue, as it is about paddling. Applicants often fail to gain a place on the race due their poor due diligence and integrity; this is sadly why we cut far more people than we select. Please ensure all application information is accurate and true – this is an insurance requirement as well as a vetting tool.
We are looking for
Bushcraft, medical, paddle class experience and a positive attitude go a long way. Experience does not need to be courses and formal qualifications, but bush time and a passion for the outdoors is often obvious in successful application.
Once you have applied, we will take up to a month to screen applicants and we will email those successful with further guidance. This will take the from of a PowerPoint brief giving you all the detail you need to start conducting your own research and training. We will notify successful applicants within 3 weeks.
Filming for the race
All content filmed and captured for the Yukon 1000 remains the property of the Yukon 1000. If you a filming the race and wish to bring a crew then please discuss this with the team. Please be aware we will only allow filming at the start and finish points – all racers are self-sufficient and must not have outside help.
Social Media on route
All communications devices will be placed into a tamper-proof bag at the start of the race and must only be used in the event of an emergency. If there is any evidence racers have communicated outside of the race then they will be disqualified and no record held of their attendance.
Race changes and rule updates
- All teams must own a SPOT tracker, and have it registered and set to track ping
every 10 minutes.
- All team must have the complete required kit list or will be refused entry.
- All teams must have a ‘satellite phone’ voice capable – users will be tested on
setting up and use.
- No text only devices will be accepted on this race; such as InReach or SPOTX.
- There will be a cut off at Dawson City that we be made in conjunction with the
weather forecast and briefed to the racers at the start line.
- The Yukon 1000 Team have the right at any point to refuse a team or race if they
feel they are unsafe or their preparation/ stated abilities are in question.
- The race cut off is 9 Days 5 Hours.
If we accept your Application, you will be required to pay a Registration Fee of $500 CAD (which is non-refundable except in very limited circumstances as set out in our Terms and Conditions of Entry). We will then send you our Terms and Conditions of Entry for you to sign and return. You will also be required to provide us with further information including your passport details and emergency contact details.
You must also pay the Race Fee of $2,295 CAD per person not later than 31.04.22. You will not be deemed to be accepted onto the Race until:
1) You accept our Terms and Conditions of Entry via DocuSign;
2) You have paid the Registration Fee and the Race Fee; and
3) We confirm that you have been accepted onto the Race.
- Field Rescue Cover
- Insurance from the point of injury, to the nearest hospital or appropriate medical care
- Reach Back Medical Advice 24hrs Operations room with a doctor
- 24hrs Race Monitoring and welfare line for families and friends
- Social media coverage and photos
- Boat pick up and equipment at the end
- T-shirts and recognition reward
What’s not included
- Boat and equipment hire
- Your personal medical insurance.
- Your cross-border U.S ESTA/Visa.
- A room at the Dalton Motel.
- We cannot take any personal belongings to the finish point.